The Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting & Legal Expo 2011 (July 13-16) is approaching, and on-line registration is now open. Those who sign up online by Friday, April 29th at 6:00 p.m. will be entered in a drawing to win an iPad2 at the Grand Convocation. You must be present to win, and there are lots of reasons you will want to be there.
We’re going back to the Grand Hotel in Point Clear this year, and we’ve got lots of great CLE lined up, as well as fun activities for ASB members and their families and friends. So whether you’ve got little kids, are an empty-nester or are single, if you’re a lawyer you’ll benefit from attending, and have a good time, too!
In addition to great section programming, speakers at the 2011 Annual Meeting include:
- Renowned litigator Michael Tigar discussing the “Nine Principles of Litigation.”
- Prof. Thomas Morgan of the George Washington University School of Law who will analyze the eight major changes in the profession since 1970.
- Jack Newton, co-founder and president of Clio, who will review one of the hottest trends in legal technology – cloud computing.
- Richard Granat, co-chair of the ABA eLawyering Task Force who details the new business model for lawyers – virtual lawyering.
- Catherine Sanders Reach, director, ABA Legal Technology Resource Center, who will offer practical ways to use social media for client development purposes.
- Technology evangelist Stephanie Kimbro who will provide a step-by-step primer on the ethics of delivering legal services online.
The Annual Meeting is a great opportunity to take a mini-vacation while getting all your required CLE hours in, renewing old friendships from law school and making new friends, too. For more details on the meeting as they are announced, check back here or visit alabar.bigdev.co. Download the Program-At-A-Glance now.