Client Security Fund
Rule VIII, Client Security Fund Rules, authorizes the Alabama State Bar to assess each lawyer $25, who upon payment of their Consolidated Invoice:
- Holds a current bar license to practice law in the State of Alabama
- Holds a special membership to the Alabama State Bar
- Is registered as authorized house counsel
- Is admitted pro hac vice ($25.00 per application); or
- Is disbarred, suspended, placed on disability inactive status, or otherwise inactive. (This amount shall be paid as a condition of reinstatement of the lawyer’s license to practice law)
Exemption: Any person admitted to practice law in the State of Alabama who upon attaining the age of 65 years and who has elected to retire from the practice of law shall be exempt from any assessment under these Rules. Notice of exemption must be submitted, in writing, to the Client Security Fund of the Alabama State Bar.